The rust pigmentation was completed on this piece in May of 2010. My initial reaction was that it was not successful. I added the star framing and set it aside in my pile of artworks waiting for hand stitching. I bypassed this piece for several years as it still seemed unsuccessful. In November of 2016 I finally decided that I had to either do the textural stitching on this piece or throw it away. Not being able to discard it, forced me to begin the stitching. As I progressed, the design began to come alive with each added stitch. I am now proud to call it one of my completed artworks.
Youtube video available here: https://youtu.be/k_By120QUZg